item1aitem1a2item1a3item1a4item1a5item1a6item1a7

Archive - Castle Morpeth & Wearside Bridge Clubs.

item1a8item1a2aitem1a3aitem1a4aitem1a5aitem1a6aitem1a7a
item9 
 

History of Castle Morpeth Bridge Club
 

The club started life in 1997 as a proprietary club in First Class - a business run by Jill Harrison and partners in Sanderson House on Bridge Street.  Several current members of CMBC played there.

At the end of 1999 First Class stopped trading and Castle Morpeth Bridge Club - a members club - was born in January 2000. 
The first premises were in St. George’s Church and later that year it moved to Storey Park.

At a special meeting of players on 14 December 1999 Ron Stanners was elected Chairman, Jill Harrison as Treasurer, Judy Creswick as Secretary and Monica Tuke for all the other tasks.

The first premises were in St. George’s Church and later that year we moved to Storey Park.   At the beginning the club had only a few tables: four or five was a good turnout! 

The first AGM was on 9 May 2000; 22 members were present and the Club Constitution was approved.

 
item9a

History of Wearside Bridge Club
 

Wearside Bridge Club was formed in February, 1949 when some of the founder members bought the present premises, at 17 Park Place West, in Sunderland. We celebrated our sixtieth anniversary in 2009. 

We are extremely fortunate to have such lovely premises, and owe those members a debt of gratitude.
At the moment we have about 115 members, and play bridge four nights each week

web
analytics

item3